If the charging indicator (lightning bolt) is not visible, the charger does not detect the watch.
Try the following tips:
- Reseat the watch on the charger
- Make sure the charger pins align with the caseback grooves
- Verify watch is seated snugly on charger with no gap
- Verify nothing is between charger and device, i.e. no dust, tape, etc.
- Make sure the charger is getting power
- Try changing the charger power source, i.e. move to wall outlet from laptop
Sometimes if the device gets too hot while charging, it will go into a thermal shutdown mode until it cools off and then will continue charging once it is safe again. Try removing the device from the charger, wait for it to cool down, and place it on the charger again.
If your watch won't turn on, it may be because its battery has been dead for an extended period. Allow your watch to charge for up to 15 minutes, it will turn on automatically once it has enough power.